How to become a Christian?
You think you’re a good person. You’ve always tried to be the best you can be and do what is right. The good outweighs the bad in your life, but after all of this, do you still feel empty, unsatisfied, void and alone? You may have even tried things such as drinking, drugs, sex, materialism, partying or hanging with a certain crowd to fill this unexplained need you have.
But, is something still missing from your life? There is One who can fill that void – God. If you’ve tried lots of solutions to make your life right, but none seem to work, then He is the answer. God has given us an important manual for life, the Bible. He is the author of this book and has given significant, truthful instructions for how we can have joy, hope and peace in life. He has the answers to the problems and emptiness you may face.
You are here for a purpose, and not by accident. We were separated from God because of sin in the beginning of the world. But, God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, who lived on earth, suffered punishment and died on a cross to pay for your sins. Three days later, He rose from the dead. Jesus loves you, and desires to have a personal relationship with you. But, sin separates us from Him.
- For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. – Romans 3:23
- The most important decision in your life will be whether you accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior. You must choose forgiveness and a relationship with God. This begins with repentance and turning away from your sins and old life to a new life in Christ. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. – 2 Peter 3:9
- You may think that you need to fix things or make things right in your life before you come to Christ. And many people feel that way, but it’s not true! God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- You will be saved by the grace of God, not because you try to make things right in your life. He wants you to accept this salvation because He loves you! It is not something to be earned … it is a free gift. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast. – Ephesians 2:8-9
- For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. – John 3:16
Sin causes death, but because God sent His Son to die for your sins, you can have the free gift eternal life.
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. – Romans 6:23
- All you have to do is to accept Him and confess Him as your personal Lord and Savior. If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. – Romans 10
If you are ready to accept the gift of eternal life through Jesus, and you truly desire to ask Him into your heart to be your personal Lord and Savior, then pray this prayer:
“Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I believe that You died for my sins and rose from the grave so that I might have eternal life in heaven with You. I willingly repent of my sins and ask You to come into my heart and life. Take control of my words, thoughts and actions. I place all of my trust in You for my salvation. I accept You as my Lord and Savior, and this free gift of eternal life. Amen.”